Boehner and Tiger: Ho Ho Ho

Boehner and Tiger: Ho Ho Ho

by digby




Howie sez:

It was... well, awkward when Chris Wallace interviewed John Boehner yesterday about his silly Pledge. The one-eyed aunt sitting atop the elephant in the room was Boehner's affair with what's-her-name... that K Street lobbyist. Wallace could have asked Boehner for another non-denial denial, but that would never happen on American TV... short of the Stephen Colbert Show (although then Steny Hoyer might get himself all puffed up and protest.)

(...)

Nor is Hoyer the only Congressional prig puffing and protesting. Last night Mike Pence, who wants to run for president, had his flack call me-- and late at night-- to demand I retract my assertion that it was Pence who leaked the story about Boehner and the lady lobbyist. The flack said it isn't true. I asked him how he knows. He said he was "100% certain." I said that that was impossible and that my informant was 100% certain it was true and that it was a firsthand account. He demanded to know who my informant was. I asked him to put Pence on the phone. He refused and said he would send me a written statement; he didn't.
I don't have to tell anyone who reads this blog how much I loathe Mike Pence. Apparently his staff is just as unctuous and thin-skinned as he is.

The palace intrigue surrounding Boehner and the rumors of his intimate relationships with lobbyists, is rich. What with the other stories about Paul Ryan pouting and Eric Cantor scheming it looks like the GOP leadership cat fight is going to be more interesting than the election itself.
Anyway, the above video is the newest in our series of ads. As Howie says, "enjoy it here; you won't see it anywhere else-- unless you're in Mike Pence's inner chamber and he's showing it to his cronies so they can all get a good chuckle."

If you'd like to help the progressive Democrat Justin Coussoule put John Boehner out of his misery you can donate here.


.